Saturday 29 November 2008

Dunbartonshire XC Championships

In preparation for tomorrows first West Highland Way training run with the team I decided to go for a quick 6 mile cross country race.  Good planning, yeah!

After reading Toms Blog with a picture of his spikes after his cross country race I thought I would post a picture of what your spikes should look like after a proper cross country race.  Dunbartonshire XC isn’t for wimps.  Ploughed fields, 18 big up hills, loads of mud and 6.33 miles.  Tom this is what your shoes should look like…

IMG_1690

After a couple of weeks training at lunchtimes with Lins, Jamie and Ben I am finally getting my speed back and strength for uphills.  I finished in 41 minutes today and still to see the results.  Ben was first (well done Ben) and I am certain our mens team came first too.  We have a strong team and so I was over the moon to be 5th Garscube home.  I felt like I ran well within myself with an eye on tomorrows West Highland Way run.  Really looking forward to it and really looking forward to seeing my old chums.

Debbie was at her yoga today.  I think that she has stopped running now and is now swimming instead.  She is doing great and we only have 7 weeks to go now until there is 3 of us.

3 comments:

Thomas said...

Clearly, your shoes are dirtier so you won!
Lets have a final decider next week in Irvine. Please wait for me at the finish so we can compare
;-)

Rachel Jayne Stevenson/Rogers said...

I love this. A race I may stand a chance of winning. 'The dirtiest shoe race'!! I will be taking photies and posting next time!:-)

Marco Consani said...

Hee hee Thomas. I dont think I will be waiting for you at the end next week. You are so much faster than me at the moment.
Rach - The dirtiest shoe race is great fun. You should have seen the state of my legs too. (no wise cracks!)