Tuesday 2 December 2008

Slippery Slope

Out for another lunchtime run.  Today was meant to be a fartlek session but we had to change it to just a run due to the conditions.  Very slippery.  Actually I am surprised none of us didn’t end up in the river or injured.  We kept plenty of people entertained on the route with the gypos that are normally resident on the Kelvin walkway laughing at our attempts to run on the ice.  Most of the time it felt like we were running at under 6 min pace due to the slipping and Bens heart rate monitor was showing the same effort even although the watches were saying barely under 8 min mile.  Did think about going to club reps at night as well but felt a bit tired and thought I would keep something for reps tomorrow.

8.74m in 1:08:14 @ 7:48/m

image

A strange route with us trying to miss the most icy patches

2 comments:

Billy said...

Marco,

I'm quite new to John's WHW list. I've not got an entry for the 2009 race yet but am on the reserve list.

If you train along the Kelvin at lunchtime, I'm sure our paths must have crossed from time to time. It was ridiculous out on Tuesday, wasn't it?

My wife Gulshen and I are in a similar boat to you and Debbie - Gulshen is due to give birth on 12th January, so we were reading Debbie's blog with interest. Gulshen was breech too until very recently but we had a scan yesterday and the baby has now moved, so there's every chance that yours will turn too.

Anyway, I hope everything goes well for the three of you. Maybe we can compare notes on one of John's future WHW training runs?

Billy Minto

Harvey said...

Hey matey,

welcome back to the world of blogging - we've missed you!?!?

For the record, I don't like football enough to miss a WHW training run... I'll see you on the next one (unless there's a big game on!)

Hope to see you soon!