Saturday 25 July 2009

Goodbye Dario

On Thursday we all said goodbye to Dario. Both his immediate family and WHW family. There was loads of people dressed in all sorts of WHW garments. From the fluorescent ones you can see from space to the ones you can actually wear outside without fear of ridicule. It was strange to be with so many friends and not have him there.
Like Richie said in his blog Diane, Dario's sister, asked us all to pick a memory we had with him.
My thought went back to the awards ceremony this year.
I struggled and so when I finished Dario wasn't there. I had been looking forward to his smiley face at the end and felt I hadn't finished until I did. When he called me up to get my goblet that meant I had finished and I went up and gave him a big cuddle and he gave me one back. I was so glad that I did. The picture was taken just after that. I didn't know him for very long but I didn't need to. He will always have a special place in my heart and I will miss him.


2 comments:

Debs M-C said...

I love that picture. I could barely press the button in all the excitement, but glad I took it. Think we need to get a wee frame for it. xxx

Brian Mc said...

Great photo and memories. Great idea to hug him too!