Tuesday 13 January 2009

Kelvingrove 1km Reps

Today I was out at lunchtime to run some 1km reps with Lins, John and Ben. It is a tough wee route with a lot of turns and as usual for all of Lins reps a stinker of a hill at the end. Today I tried to take it easier in the first two reps (although the times will say otherwise) and so have enough left for the last ones. I felt well within myself in those ones but by the end I was gasping for breath. Probably due to the recovery only being 70 seconds.
3:28, 3:28, 3:30, 3:33, 3:34

Legs still a bit heavy after the Saturday long run but recovered very quickly at the end to enjoy the run back to work. Total distance 7.5 miles.

Not sure yet whether to run in the Jack Crawford 10k at the weekend.  I want to get under 36 minutes for it but as it's on the canal the weather has to be perfect.  My PB is on this course 34:48 but I don't think I am ready for that pace yet.

3 comments:

Ben Melby said...

Wow, that was a quick post. I barely had time to come back, eat lunch, and it was already up.

Beautiful day out in the park. Great running was had by all!

Marco Consani said...

I was too sore and tired to go for a shower so I thought I may as well post. Yeah great run today. You looked very comfortable.

Marco

John Kynaston said...

Good to see some posts appearing on marco on running again!!

Hope everything is going well as you wait the big event. Encourage Debs to wait until the 25th to deliver your daughter!!

John