Monday 23 February 2009

A little update

Well it has been a month since I posted and I thought that it was about time I did.  So what has been happening.  Well after Cairn was born I was on two weeks paternity.  Apart from getting to know my wee boy I also did some runs.  One of them was an excellent 30 miler with John Kynaston but I also managed to get out myself one morning.  For this run I decided to video it and so here it is. I ran on the 6th February





Back to training in a whole. It has been a slow progress but my endurance is slowly increasing. My speed isn't but this year I am trying to limit my races and focus on my ultras. On a plus point it can't be all bad as I have just heard that I came in joint second in the Garscube Cross Country League.

10 comments:

Lee Maclean said...

Marco,
Your vid still has a private setting on it. Naebidy can see it :-(

Mrs Mac

Davie Bell said...

C'mon IT whizz kid get it sorted or I'm going to watch Eastenders! see you sat fanny baws :-)

Marco Consani said...

Eeek, due to technical difficulties (me being an egyt) the vid was not working. Now sorted. I hope.

Marco

Davie - See you SUNDAY, fud!! ;-)

Brian Mc said...

Focussing on ultras? Wuthering Hike again? (I suspect not if Debbie's report on the experience last year is anything to go by )

:-)

Davie Bell said...

Were the Hyenas laughing at your headgear big boy?:-)

zimmerman said...

Marco,
sometimes its good to stop,look and remeber why we do run on trails.

satan

Marco Consani said...

Brian - No Wuthering Hike this year. I am not doing a lot of races. A half marathon in 2 weeks, then the fling and then the WHW. That is all I have planned at the moment.
Zimmerman - Yes it was a lovely day. Made all the better that everyone was working.
Davie - I thought I looked quite fetching in my WHW buff.... plus it was bloody freezing... or maybe I am becoming a big girls blouse!!!

Debs M-C said...

You neglected to mention that you got up at 4am, so your run didn't mess with quality family time...then came home and spent the afternoon sleeping :-)

Glad you didn't come home in that ensemble though. I would have thought we were being robbed! :-)

Great video. Very Blair Witch Project.

Debs xx

Ps: Don't ever mock me for the runners snotters again.

Thomas said...

Marco, great little video, but I cannot help it you look very tired. Very, very tired in deed.
Even the ecstatic comments about the great scenery are rather delirious...
Well getting up at 4:00 I would be able to run at all... but if you sleep all afternoon not a surprise you got up at 4 is it ;-)
Looking forward to seeing you Sunday!

John Kynaston said...

Only just realised you did this! Impressive. Are you going to do it for the race? I found doing mine gave me something to think about along the way.

BTW what programme do you use to put it together?

John