Saturday 28 February 2009

Out with the old, in with the new



Don't worry I haven't swapped Debbie for someone else but have finally got a new pair of shoes.
My Asics Trabucco's have been with me since my
very first ultra. The Devil of the Highlands in June 2007. They must have done over 700 miles. For my last 10 long runs at least I have promised myself that that would be the last and I would buy a new pair for my next run. But alas I never got around to it. To be honest I never could figure out what I would replace them with. I ran last years WHW in my good old road shoes. But minus 6 toenails later I knew that for this year I
had to go for something else. Within the WHW community a lot of people have sworn by Inov-8 Rocklite 315's and so I went to Run 4 it for my pair. Instead I came away with a pair of Saucony Progrid Xodus. Much more like my road shoes but sturdy enough to hopefully stop losing toenails. The big test will be tomorrow on a 31 miler from Beinglas to Kingshouse.

The Old


The New

Also today I went on my normal Stoneymollan Hill run. I added a bit onto the end to make it just under 9 miles. I took it very easy with an eye on tomorrows run and was surprised that pacing better on this actually didn't make me that much slower. After Wednesday's run I am starting to hopefully become wiser. I will know for sure tomorrow after meeting up with Neal and Thomas. :-)

5 comments:

Thomas said...

Marco, wisdom will not help you against pacepushers and crazy germans...
What you need to level up with us is "pace" and "crazyness" (what else?)

But the shoes are nice!
;-)
Seeya tomorrow!

Davie said...

They obviously work for you. Are you going to start using my sports drink bottle too? Colour suits you more than me!

ianbeattie1 said...

well, given the way you ran today, I assume the shoes are a success?

Debs M-C said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Debs M-C said...

I tried, but no one else would swap with me :-)

Ps :-P