Monday 11 April 2011

D Day

First of all, I just want to say thank you to everyone that has been asking after me over the last week or so. Most people have said that the problems I am having are shin splints and that has helped me in looking at ways to speed up my recovery. It certainly has helped me.

So I haven't ran since Saturday 2nd April now. The longest time without running since the West Highland Way race last year and even then I still did some sort of exercise in the way of Aqua jogging and walking. In the last week I have done next to nothing. I did one session of Aqua jogging on Saturday and it was okay but hurt a bit when I started. My legs felt tired and there was nothing in them.
But I am still optimistic. The last few days have seen an improvement in the pain on my shin and certainly since I started stretching my calf muscles. Tomorrow is the day though that the Physio will reassess me and I will find out if I can run. I feel ready for running again although I do feel wee twinges every now and then. If the Physio does give the okay I have decided to take my time coming back. Maybe I am just getting lazy.

Another reason in posting today is that I am trying some new blogging software that I can use from my iPad. I have had an iPad for a year now and this is the first time that I have found some half decent software to blog with. The iPad is perfect for doing quick blogs with and so hopefully this will help too.
The app is called Blogsy. So far it seems to have some better features than many of the Blogging apps for PCs and Macs.

I'll see what it is really like over the next few posts.

3 comments:

Thomas said...

Good luck with your appointment today my friend!

Chris said...

Hi Marco. Good luck with a speedy recovery. I haven't run for 12 days now after managing 122 days on the trot... glue ears and viral fatigue.

Peter Halpin said...

Hi marco,
As a very competitive runner a few years ago i would say that sometimes a injury can be the best thing to happen.
First, your body wants a rest
Second, you need a rest
Third, your head needs a rest
and its not unusual for athletes who have been training extremely hard to be injured and then race even better than before, firstly you shouldnt let the negatives get into your head be positive and if you dont train even till the fling have a plan as failing to plan is planing to fail, (ie) run to balmaha see how you feel, then run to inversnaid see how you feel, then keep going see how you feel and remember if you struggle and drop out at least u tried, cause you dont want to be sitting in the house in 10 years time and say, IF ONLY. Jogging for jesus.