Wednesday 15 April 2009

Taper Tantrums

Its day three in the world of tapering and I ran my last speed session before the Fling. I will do some easier speed work to freshen my legs up but nothing like today.
Today's session was 3 * 8 minutes with a 90 second recovery.
I wanted to take this session easier than before but actually found that I had a much better session because of that. My splits were good and I felt quite refreshed at the end. My legs did feel a bit tired but this was probably due to my leg massage last night.

Rep 1 : 1.43 miles @ 5.38 /mi
Rep 2 : 1.37 miles @ 5:52 /mi (This one is hilly)
Rep 3 : 1.48 miles @ 5:27 /mi

For my taper I plan to run about 8 miles tomorrow then a rest on Friday. Saturday will be an easy 12 miles with Sunday as a rest. Then I will run Monday and Wednesday before resting before Saturday.


1 comment:

Thomas said...

5.2o mile pace. Geeezzz....
I am glad if I manage 8 minute miles

A jealous crazy german