Wednesday 28 November 2007

Crow Road Tempo Torture

  • Distance : 7.72 mi2007
  • Time : 50:41 (6:34 / mi.)
  • Weather : 10.5 C Wet and Warm
  • Tempo 3.51 mi @ 5:59 / mi.

Total week no 48: 17.2 mi.

Equipment

  • Asics - Gel - Kayano13

 

I decided today that it was time to bite the bullet and try something that Lesley had scheduled for me over the last few months but I had managed to shy away from saying that I had ran a tough session the night before or was feeling tired.  Anyway the session has really been helping Debbie over the last while and so it was time for me to give it a go.  I should have probably looked at the McMillan Pace calculator before telling Debbie that I was going to do it because I would definitely have shyed away from the session again but after telling Debbie, there was no turning back for fear of being branded a kiff or something much worse.  Anyway Mr McMillan said I had to run at 5:56/ mi for the tempo bit.  Enough said and after running hills under 12 hours ago I wasn't even sure it was wise.

I felt sick when I got up in the morning but this was probably due to lack of sleep the night before and if this session didn't make me sick it sure was gonna make me feel sick.

I ran all the way to Crow Road at 7:13 pace and then picked it up and managed to do 5:59 pace for the next 3.5 miles or all the way to St Georges Cross and then slowed down to 7:03 pace for the remainder.  The tempo part included a lot of inclines so I was really happy with this effort.  Next time I am going to try to reach over 4 miles and then progress from there.  I wasn't sick in the end and felt fabulous after it pity I didn't notice I had bleeding nipples before going into my work. God knows what they think I do in my spare time now.

On another note Celtic beat Shaktar tonight and look like they have a chance of progressing if we can do away with our terrible away record and get at least a draw against AC Milan. EEK!!!

No comments: