Friday 30 November 2007

Figure of Hell

Figure of Hell
  • Distance : 15.98 mi

  • Time : 1:47:02 (6:42 / mi.)

  • Weather : 11.7 C Drizzle at first but dry for the rest of the run

    • Total week no 48: 33.3 mi.

    • Equipment Asics - Gel - Kayano13

    The sign of the devil shouldn't have 6's in it, it should be 8's. This was a very hard run and very hilly, so hilly that I even added Rannoch Drive into it as well.

    After missing out on training on Thursday because of a trip down to London for work I decided that it was a good idea to do my Friday session with what I should have done as my Thursday session. This would end up with me running both the Crow Road circuit and the Ski Club club run together, before work. Debbie warned me that this would be 17 miles long. Thank fully she was wrong, it was only 16.

    I always feel out of sorts after a flying for work. Not sure if its the early starts, long day, crappy food or the flight that does it but I do and it really annoys me because it messes up my training.

    My left quad was giving me problems during the run. Sometimes it just feels stiff and I just cant get a good stride length from it.

    In the end I was surprised that I got 6:42 / mi. Actually I was ecstatic. My best marathon pace was 6:30 / mi so in training if I can get 6:42 for 16 miles then I am well on my way to getting better. Even although I felt that it was tough today I recovered well and felt well all day in work.

    2 comments:

    ianbeattie1 said...

    Saw Debbie's blog - congrats on your 10k pb at EK yesterday. Looking at your half marathon times, I think you have more to come off - sub 35 by next spring? Hopefully catch up at Milngavie on 22 Dec.

    Thomas said...

    Hi Marco,
    Thanks for adding that comment to my Blog (SportsTracks). I did not even know that you had your own Blog. If you don't mind I'll add a link to your site on mine.

    Cheers,
    Thomas