Tuesday 8 April 2008

Five days until London

Tom posted a comment on my blog today asking if I was taking it easy in preparation for the London Marathon and that was maybe why I hadn't posted recently.  Well I am doing less miles Tom but still probably too much and as a result I am feeling it.  Also I have had loads on at work over the last week and so I haven't been posting to my blog.

So what have I been up to:

 

TUESDAY 1ST APRIL 2008

After the long run on the Saturday doing the Devil's route I wanted to take it easy for a bit.  I didn't do anything until the Tuesday.  I went to the club to find out it was a 5km time trial.  I decided to run it easy but still it was fast and I cut it a bit short.

2.83 mi in 16:47 @ 5:56 /mi

 

WEDNESDAY 2ND APRIL 2008

Felt good enough today to seriously think about joining the Milburn Harriers for their Stoneymolan race on the Thursday.  Decided to recce the route today.  It is the reverse of my normal Stoneymolan route with a different section that although off paths makes it slightly shorter.

6.12 mi in 51:10 @ 8.22 / mi   Climb +290/-284

 

THURSDAY 3RD APRIL 2008

Ran the Milburn race after all.  Found out it was a handicap race and Ali Mo and Lins were running it.  I felt completely wrecked on the way up the hill.  No strength at all but by the top I was running well and managed to catch up quite a few people.  It feels like it now takes 8 miles for me to get going.  Came in 4th behind Ali Mo, Lins and Steve from the Millies.

4.77 mi in 38:26 @ 8.03 / mi   Climb +293 / - 290

 

SATURDAY 5TH APRIL 2008

Today was the National Road Relay Championships and about a month ago I volunteered to run the long leg.  About 6 miles.  The mens team has 6 runners, 3 running 3 miles and 3 running 6 miles.  I was in the Garscube A team.  Really I could have done with being in the B Team and running a little 3 miler.

It was a big struggle and I was very tired.  Ran the 6 miles in 35 mins.  1 min 13 secs slower than last year.  Our team came in 9th.  Not really thanks to me though.  Debbie made an rare appearance to this one as well and she enjoyed it too.  Or maybe that was the shopping we did afterwards.

No comments: