Tuesday 17 June 2008

1000 miles

It was my last run today before the big one and this was a big one.  My 1000 mile of the year.  It was a mixed session of 200m sprints on grass and then hill reps.  For the 200m sprints I took at a fast but easy pace but for the hill reps I made sure that I just jogged up and down the easy incline.  I hit my 1000 mile towards the end to a big cheer from everyone that was out with us.

I was glad to do my 1000 mile before the race.  I really didn't want to be running through Milngavie at 1am in the morning cheering.

Did a wee search on the Internet for pictures of past winners of the West Highland Way race.  Found the winners from 2004 on their way to the awards presentation.

1118282892_d658145471_o

3 comments:

Debs M-C said...

OMG! The chap on the right lost his legs en route. Plus, I think he had one too many Mars Bars. Or maybe it's water retention ;-)

Think it could be the transport of choice next week. Although, I've always said, they've kind of lost their credibility when you can buy them in Argos.

xx

Thomas said...

My friend. I start to believe that this is in deed your whw race report. Maybe metaphorical?

I suppose the new job is tough... or is something else not right?

Looking forward to hear how that felt to run with an infected shin...
errr no, that's not what I wanted to say...
let's just quote the split tables: "4:17" for Rowardennan!
Was that not too fast? Or was it an error in the race results (don't tell Dario I brough this up here)...


Cheers,
An anonymous big fan

Subversive Runner said...

Mate.....Congratulations on your recent good news!! Fantastic! Well done, mate.