Tuesday 10 June 2008

Cold feet. Cold ears.

It was fartlek training with the club tonight and a great chance to loosen up the legs a bit.  Tonight's session was in Mugdock park.

Would my new hair cut make me streamlined?  All I felt was very cold.  I think I will need a new hat for the WHW race.

Mugdock Park

Stevie took the session tonight and so the fast parts of the fartlek all ended up being timed efforts with one minute being the smallest and two being the longest.  The first, one minute was easy enough and I was able to overtake the rest quite easily but I realised that wasn't beneficial for me and I took the rest easier.  I was surprised when I started to catch up with the fast lot towards the end which showed that although my speed is all gone my endurance is still good.

Breathing feels a bit sore and legs are heavy and numb.  All part of the taper process and I am sure it will be okay on the big day.

Went back for a massage on the Wednesday morning and Christine commented on how much better my legs and feet are than last week.  She said that I had done well not to run and to take it easy.  I felt a bit guilty as I had been enjoying watching TV with my feet in hot water.

Map image

No comments: