Wednesday 28 May 2008

Late Call

Just like the religious program from years ago that was on late at night and had a minister contemplating life and religious matters I have decided late on to jot down some thoughts about tonight's run.

Tonight's run scares me.  Not the dark or the mileage, both of which I have done before.  I am totally happy about running in the dark even by myself and I have total faith in my headtorch.  What scares me is my leg.  It hasn't been sore now since Saturday.  The swelling has all but gone and the hair is on it's way back.  I have had 6 days off from running and my legs feel great.  They have benefited from the enforced rest and all the little niggles that all runners have and ignore have gone away.  I even started to get phantom niggles that I have never had before.  But what scares me is what happens if the pain in my lower leg comes back again.  Do I take 12 days off and hope it goes away?  What affect will that have on my training?

After a month of fantastic weather our night run is planned for the first night of horrible weather.  Oh well.  Everytime John K runs this section it seems to rain and so we will probably get the rain on WHW race day.  May as well get used to it.  The aim tonight is to run to Drymen in 1hr 55mins.  Around about 9.5 min/mile pace and around about WHW race pace.  It will be good to experience this section in the dark at that pace.  Then if my leg allows the plan is to run back to Milngavie.

I am also looking forward to meeting up with everyone.  It feels like a long time since I have seen them and it will be good to catch up with them.

5 comments:

Brian Mc said...

Hope it went well! By JK's blog account it appears to have done so.

Brian Mc said...

Yes, I can see that talking about my bum in the very close proximity of a 1.5 person tent in the wilds during an OMM could very well disturb you. I'll try not to mention it.

Good news that the run went well - I bet you are very productive today at work! :-)

John Kynaston said...

You have been tagged!

Go to my blog for details. I look forward to reading your answers!

John

Thomas said...

Hi Marco, how is the tapering and how's your shin?
And how is Debs doing? I hope her injury is not too serious!

And the Stick has arrived. I think it's helping my hamstings. Thanks again for the tip.

Thomas

Rachel Jayne Stevenson/Rogers said...

Ah I am a bit slow on this I can't tag you again can I!! Duh!