Thursday 14 February 2008

Thick Skinned

Thursday14208 Why does the coach always schedule a 10 miler on Valentines Day?  Is it because only the die-hards turn up on such an important romantic day?  Unfortunately Debbie and me are one of the die-hards and so turned up for the session with similar couples that have 2 loves. Each other and running and of course the few people that are just glad to get away from their spouses/partners on such a soppy night.

Earlier this week Lesley had sent out an email asking someone for a route and I felt obliged to make one up.  It was either that or the normal 10 mile route along Maryhill Road back along GWR and then back.  It is a real chore of a route but after learning my offering I am sure that a few people wished for the old route.

My route was from the main gate, up Rannoch Drive, down Boclair, along Milngavie Road, up to Baljaffry, down the Stockie to Drymen Road to Station Road, up Pendicle onto Canniesburn Road then Drumchapel Road, Blairdardie, GWR, Anniesland and back to Garscube.  It's a pretty hilly route but a good challenge. 

Garscube Thursday Run 14-02-2008, Elevation - Distance

The rest of the packs were well away by the time Ali and I left.  Ali was trying on some club clothing before he leaves for Arizona.  We met Euan in the car park and then we were off.  Ali stopped for a pee on Rannoch and Euan and I went ahead.  By Milngavie I was wondering where he had got too as he still hadn't caught us up.  Euan decided to just do the shorter route and so I was on my own going into Drumchapel.  I picked up the pace and started to catch some people and then it as back up into Garscube.

Here is my splits:

7:24,6:50,6:39,6:51,6:39,5:54 (oops),6:32,6:18,6:21,6:37,2:02 (1/3m)

10.34mi in 1:08:12 @ 6:36/mi

Then Debbie and me went home for our Valentines dinner. yum.;-)

After weeks of saying I wanted them Debbie had taken the hint and bought me a pair of Skins.  All that hinting wasn't because I was just thinking of myself because I was thinking of Debbie too.  I am sure she really wants to see me in a pair of skin tight pants.  I will try them out on Saturday.  Luckily I am thick skinned because the shorts certainly are not and leave nothing to the imagination.  Think I will play safe and wear a pair of shorts over them.

skins

My Skins...  minus me....:-)

2 comments:

Debs M-C said...

PLEASE tell me you're wearing shorts over the top?! Davie will be trying to take pictures of your bum! x

Brian Mc said...

Spandex-tastic Marco. Now if you could get them in an all-in-one body suit that'd be even better.

;-)