Friday 1 February 2008

Cross my heart

RIMG0581 Today I received a package from Amazon.  The Lore of Running book by Tim Noakes.  It looks fantastic and has a lot of information about ultra running.  It was recommended by the speakers at the Run and Become WHW night. Link to book

Also in my package was a new backpack for running.  I just haven't been able to get something I am happy with 100%.  I like backpacks but don't like the way you cant access it while running and I like bumbags but don't like the fact that I cant reach the bottle at the back whilst running.  So although both have plus points they also have there negative points and so I have never been completely happy with either.  That was until I saw the Nathan HPL series.  It is a race vest with a bladder backpack as well.  Designed especially for ultra marathons. 

The back pack has a 2 litre bladder and on the vest it has a big pocket that is on your chest area with two pouches that could be used for mobile phones etc.  Okay it all looks good but I am worried that it may feel like I am wearing a bra.   Will test it on the WHW run in two weeks time.

PS it was so good that Debbie bought one too.  And at £20 from Amazon it was a steal.

PSS I still haven't heard anything from Garmin on testing their new Forerunner 405.. :-(

3 comments:

Brian Mc said...

I was never particularly happy with backpacks - even the OMM ones - so I swapped to a Deuter double bottle hip pack and haven't looked back. But a running vest, now that might be worth trying. If you enter the Wuthering p'raps you could bring it down for me to have a quick looksee?

Davie Bell said...

Marco I,m getting worried about you first you buy a pair of tights now you,ve bought a bra, is there something you,re not telling us, are scottish athletics introducing a cross dresser category at races
:-)

Marco Consani said...

Thanks for all your positive comments about my new cross dressing backpack.
Brian - I will bring the pack down to Wuthering. Will be testing it on the WHW training run in 2 weeks time and will post what I think.

Davie - Hey they were tips from that book you lent me. Wasn't it you that told me wearing the womans knickers chaffed you less???
;-)

Marco