Thursday 21 February 2008

Thursday Training (Jog, Run, Sprint, Die)

I was looking forward to tonight.  A nice easy 5/6 mile run with the club.  My recovery week had been going great so far and I looked forward to the short run.  What a pity that none of the other guys in my pack felt the same and there was near enough a full turn out.  It was good to see Alex was back again after being off for what felt like months with the cold.  I think that he was probably verging on manflu and so I fully support his decision in taking the extended time off.  I hope that he had all the care and attention from a good woman to help nurse him back from deaths door.

The first mile of the run started nice and easy at 7:19/mi by which time Ali was warmed up and starting to push the pace.  I elected to stay with him tonight and it quickly ended up just the two of us.  I was struggling a bit on the uphills but luckily for me Ali was slowing down for them and letting me catch up.  Damn.  Although I know it is good for me to push there is sometimes you just want to take it easy.

Sprinting at 5:47/mi pace towards the end where Alex was already.  His manflu had reered it's ugly head again and he had cut the run short.  He really is a trooper.  I just hope that he isn't off again.  It's his turn to stay with Ali next week.

5.74mi in 36:03min @ 6:17 /mi

7:17, 6:31, 6:03, 5:47, 6:08, 4:14 (only 0.74mi)

1 comment:

Thomas said...

Did you just run a 1:17 HM? One week after that 31miler. You are on fire man! But make sure you don't push too hard. You know you have to make the starting line.
I don't know what else to say... I am speechless