Thursday 31 January 2008

Parental Advisory. (Bad Language)

The weather was effin' terrible.  Okay that's the end of the bad language but believe me that during the run there was a lot more of it and it was a lot more colourful.  Firstly it was windy.  Very windy.  Secondly it was raining.  Not nice warm rain.  It's Scotland so it was that freezing sleety rain.  And thirdly I only had a pair of shorts.  Ali Mo on the other hand had a full track suit and Gore-Tex rain jacket.  Even Mark had full body clothing as he turned up within seconds of us about to leave.  Earlier in the week I had received an email with a summary of the route.  I wish I had taken more note of it after missing the summary of the route before we started.

We started out the wrong gate from Garscube which I didn't realise.  I did start to wonder when we were going at a good pace and instead of catching the group in front we caught the group three groups from us.  Then taking another wrong turning we never saw another person.  By this time we knew we were well wrong and just thought that we would try and run the distance.  The rain and wind was really bad and my legs were completely numb.  I started to struggle by the 6th mile but a mile later we were at the finish.  No-one from the club was there so after a quick confab with the guys I went around the block to bring the distance to 8.62 miles.  I was feeling pretty knackered by the end.  Not sure if the long run from last Saturday is still in my legs or not but I was glad to be out of the cold and into the car on my way home.

8.62mi 58:09 @ 6:45/mi

No comments: