Tuesday 4 March 2008

The appliance of science

West of Scotland Science Park

Tonight's session was billed as short reps so I was ready for nice quick 50m sprints with my light weight training shoes.  The session ended up as 450m reps in the Science Park at Acre Road.  I swear that last time we did this session it was billed as medium reps.  Oh well.  After last nights mile reps session I was prepared to just take it easy tonight and Lesley's announcement to say that anyone running the half this weekend should take it easy put a seal of approval to my thoughts.  The session was 12 x 450m reps with a two minute turnaround.  My quickest was 1min 16s and slowest 1min 23s.  So I was getting on average about 40s recovery between each which felt comfortable.  Some of the slower members of the group must have been lucky to be getting 30s recovery so it must have been a tough session for them.  Enjoyed tonight but quads still felt heavy from the Deerstalker and mile reps from the night before.

Got home to Celtic losing 1-0 to Barca.  Out of the champions league 4-2 on aggregate. :-(

2 comments:

Thomas said...

Congratulations for your 1:16. I think you just missed the prize money bucket. Still a 6th place is phantastic. According to the tables you are looking at a 2:40 in London! Anyway, don't work to hard on the speedwork side and don't forget about the loooong run.

Marco Consani said...

Yeah. I was one postion from prize money. Oh well I did win first Dunbartonshire. Eek.. at 2:40 marathon... I would be over the moon with that.
Thank you Thomas. How are you doing? Are you feeling any better?

Marco