Saturday 8 March 2008

Running in the Buff

Went out for what was meant to be an easy 4 miler before tomorrows half marathon.  It ended up as 7 miles although the pace was relaxed.  I had arranged to meet Paul (who is running the London Marathon and the Scottish islands peaks with me) and his pal Arun (who is also running the London Marathon).  It was all just a nice relaxed run plenty of chatting and a chance to try out my WHW buff.  I have to admit that the buff is excellent and will now be part of my running gear. It may look ridiculous but it does the job.  We all received a WHW Buff as part of our goody bag and mine came with a useless skip bit on the front.  10 minutes with a pair of scissors soon sorted it out.  I ran most of the run with it tied around my wrist but then we decided to go around Milngavie reservoir  and the wind and rain could have cut you in two.  Immediately after putting it on I was instantly warmer with it easily protecting my ears.  A great piece of multi functional gear.  On a more sour note Paul hurt his Achilles again and will be out for another week.  I am worried but not that he won't get to the London Marathon.  I am worried about his recovery from that before the Scottish Islands race.  The recovery time from your first or any marathon is long and doing the Scottish Islands race was always going to be a hard one but if he is also carrying an injury it may be impossible.  I hope that it all gets better cause I am really looking forward to running this with him.

WEST HIGHLAND WAY BUFF

No comments: