Monday 10 March 2008

Let there be light

I have found the perfect head torch for the WHW and Islands race.  What more it is called the ULTRA.  It is the dogs boll*cks in the head torch world.  At 350 lumens and the reviewer saying that people in the street were asking him to turn it off as it was blinding them I knew I had to get myself one.

ultra-belt

Checking the Internet I found a place that was selling them when they are available in May.  Perfect timing.  BUT.  £300?  eek.  My dreams of dazzlingpetzl_myo_xp_e83_p2 cars while out running were shattered.

Back to the internet I took a look at the Ultra's wee brother.  The Myo XP.  At 150 lumens max and 85 lumens normal this looked like a good bit of kit.  The price was £50 and I would probably be better with 6 of these bad boys than one ultra. 

A quick jump to Tiso's and it was mine.  It really doesn't disappoint.  Ok I have only tested it in a dark house but it really does light up a large area.  Perfect for running with.

No comments: