Thursday 20 March 2008

Thursday Club Run

Arriving at Garscube at 7pm I was hoping that Ali Mo wouldn't be there.  My head (or legs) were telling me I had to take it easy today.  Take my time and have this week as a recovery week.  But Ali was there and this would mean the pace would be fast.  Ok I can hear you say that I should just take it easy but it is far easier said than done and although I curse during the session, the benefits of having a fast tempo run are why I will always come back for more.

Apart from Ali, Alex, Stephen and Robert completed our pack.  Debbie looked white as a sheet as she was promoted up two packs.  That's what she gets for running so well recently.  I am so pleased and proud for her though and think she will do great in her new pack.

The route tonight was out the top gate, down Crow Rd to Dunbarton Rd then up Gardner Street.  Took a right along Highburgh Rd to Byres Rd.  Along Great Western Rd to Clevden.  Down to Wynford then Maryhill Rd to the main gate.  About 7.5 miles.

Garscube Thursday Run 20-03-2008

The first mile was pretty relaxed but we soon gathered pace as we went down towards Dumbarton Road.  Gardner Street nearly killed me though.  When you are fully fit and recovered it is a bastard of a hill.  With an ultra marathon in my legs I thought my time was up as I struggled, getting further behind the rest of the pack.  No problems though because when we got to the flat I caught back up again.

I finished the run in the middle of the pack.  I thought that was pretty good going.  Very pleased to have recovered from Saturday so quick.  I just hope that after London it will be the same.

7.53mi in 48:50 @ 6:29 /mi

8:12, 6:39, 5:58, 6:20, 6:16, 6:08, 6:17, 5:39 (Only 0.53 mi)

1 comment:

Stephen Mulrine said...

I think that last 0.53 should be 3:39 rather than a surprisingly pedestrian 5:39 ;)