Tuesday 25 March 2008

One Km Reps

There is always confusion when the schedule has long reps advertised.  Some coaches have long reps as 400m and some as miles.  Being in the middle of marathon/ultra training I would say that long reps would be a mile or more.  In the end it was 1 km which is ultra long for coach Stevie who spends his time on a track.  Luckily for my group I wasn't taking the session.  My plan was for mile reps in Knightswood. 

We have a great 1km session just along from Garscube and far better than the winter warm up circuit that Debbie's group ended up with.

Alex was the only one from the fast group there today.  I was hoping that Ali would be there as he leaves to live in Arizona next week and I wont be at the club on Thursday so it would have been good to say my byes.

The reps were tough tonight with my legs still feeling heavy from Sunday and my calf muscle doing funny spasms during the warm up.  It was 6 * 1km reps with a 5 minute turnaround.  I was doing the reps on average in 3 mins 20 secs so 1 min 40 recovery felt okay.  Good session, felt pleased with my times and the calf didn't bother me at all.

3.21, 3.17, 3.17, 3.20, 3.25, 3.21

5.3 miles total including warm-up/cool-down

2 comments:

Thomas said...

The metric system! Feels like home. Scary fast though.

John Kynaston said...

Hi Marco

Are you looking forward to our run tomorrow? All prepared?

See you at Tyndrum nice and early!

Don't be late!! but if you are you'll soon catch us!

John