Tuesday 11 March 2008

Tuesday Torture

Debbie and I are away to see a talk on the Everest Marathon by Angela Budge tonight and so we decided to do our normal Tuesday session at lunchtime.  It was back to our normal Kelvingrove 600m session which we haven't done since at least December.  I was still feeling a bit rubbish after the half on Sunday so I really wanted to take it easy.  Debbie warned me not to go off at my normal pace but to be honest it was me trying to hang on to her pace as we warmed up.  During the warm up I spied Lindsay Cunningham and Scott Kennedy doing a speed session and for a moment my competitive side gave me a bit of energy and I thought about joining them.  But that faded pretty quick as all I could muster was a "Hello".

Onto the session and I decided to change it to 400m with a 200m downhill recovery.  I just did the six of them and then hung onto Debbie for the run back to work.  Felt better for doing them but knew that it wasn't a 100% effort.

The Angela Mudge talk was excellent and I think that she may have done some of the hard work in trying to talk Debbie around to doing it some time.  I felt very cold and shivery during the talk and so I must be run-down.  I was glad to get into the warm car, home and to my bed.

No comments: