Monday 3 March 2008

Knightswood Mile Reps

Back to the dreaded mile reps tonight.  My quads are still on fire from the Deerstalkers on Saturday and the attempt to try to stay upright in road shoes.  Debbie and I actually sat in the car longer before starting than the session lasted.

The reps were all slower than the last time I did them but I managed 5 of them and cut the recovery to 2 minutes.  I think that for half marathons and above that it is a better session to go that bit slower and try to increase the amount.

Felt good when I finished and felt like it wouldn't take much to increase the amount.

The splits were: 5:12, 5:18, 5:19, 5:14, 5:16

Just wanted to add to my blog... congratulations to Pacepusher and Brian Mc for breaking their half marathon PB's at the weekend.  I just hope that I can follow suit this weekend.

3 comments:

Brian Mc said...

Cheers Marco. What's going on this weekend? You going to try for a sub 1:17 half?

Marco Consani said...

Hi Brian,
Yes it is the Balloch / Clydebank Half Marathon. Hoping to get a sub 1:17.
Hope you are well.

Marco

Brian Mc said...

Good luck with it, and yes all well here.