Thursday 3 January 2008

First Thursday

First club run since Christmas and I really wasn't looking forward to this.  After being called out on mountain rescue last night, getting back late and my first day back at work this wasn't going to be pretty.  Worse still the temperature was baltic and the first snow of the winter was starting to fall.  On the plus side many people are still off and so turnout at the club was low.

Went out with other similar lethargic runners from the club.  Today was scheduled to be a 6 mile route but as the route was read out it was more like an easy 7.  The route was out the top gate of Garscube to Anniesland then along Gt Western Road to Lincoln Avenue.  Along Southbrae to Crow Road, then Whittingeham to Gt Western Road again.  But wait there was more.  Along Dorchester and then up the dreaded Scaethorn and back to the main gate.  Where was Lesley's Christmas spirit?

The pace at the beginning was very easy which I was very glad of as I hadn't had time for a warm up.  My left knee was still giving me problems .

Felt good especially straight after Christmas.  Finished the 6.88 mi in 47:03 @ 6:51 min mi.

No comments: