Saturday 19 January 2008

Henderson Cup

I won this last year and so wanted to try to win the cup for a second year.  With Alistair Morrison on holiday and Lindsay Cunningham not liking the ground that this XC is on due to his dodgy ankles I was hoping to retain it.  Only thing is that this race is a handicap and without thise 2 runners I would be starting in scratch position.

Little did I know that I would be 8 minutes behind the 2nd last runner at the start.  This is a really tough XC with 3 laps around a very muddy course with a couple of obscene hills for good measure.  The distance is 7 miles although my Garmin came up with 6.77.  It took me until the 3rd lap before I caught anyone and then on the final straight I was within touching distance of the first position but it was not to be.  James Taylor who is running very well at XC at the moment had won.  Charlie's son who I tried to overtake in the last 100m was second after sprinting to the finishing line and leaving me dead behind. 

Mike Thomson joined us today.  I just hope that he enjoyed it.

6.77 miles in 47:04 mins @ 6:57 /mi.  Slower than last year but the conditioners were much harder this time.

No comments: