Monday 14 January 2008

Round and round we go

A track speed session in Kelvin Hall.  After a 15 minute warm up (yes 15 mins around a 200m track is a long time) it was on to the session.  Three sets of 4 * 400m.  With a 1 lap recovery every 400m and two laps recovery between each set.

It was a tough session but running on the track is tough and I always find it way too warm.  Might just leave track sessions to bad weather days.  I missed the wind in my face .  No idea of times as I didn't wear a watch.

1 comment:

Brian Mc said...

Hi Marco - recently joined the blogosphere and am running the WHWR again this year (I DNF'd at 81 miles last year with injury - gutted but back).

I've seen that you are pretty fast runner anyhoo (35 mins odd for 10k) and are interested in the forum discussion on speed training. My view is that speed training should be a component of ultra training but injury risk needs to be managed carefully, particularly when speeding up and slowing down (transition).

I was wondering why you do track based speed training? I tend to do 2 or 3 minute 'efforts'. Do you think 400m interval track is more effective? Cheers.