Tuesday 15 January 2008

Top Gate Hills

After the track session yesterday I was unusually looking forward to tonight's session.  Before that though Debbie talked me into going to the gym at lunchtime.  I did an easy recovery run for 20 mins and then some stretching.  After three hard days and a sports massage my legs needed it.

Debbie was a different matter but I knew she would be fine once she got going.  The session tonight was the hill at the top gate.  This hill is in fact 2 with a flatter bit between.  The session was to go fast up the two hill bits but slower in the middle.  Therefor all your effort was in the hill bits.  Recovery was the jog back tot he beginning.  After being separated into three groups we where told we were doing 12 of the hills.

It was a tough session today but Stephen Mulrine was on fire and was ahead in all of the reps.  I think that it was his new streamlined haircut that was helping him.  Alex however was dressed for winter and still had his woolly hat on.  It's his trademark now.  I wonder if he wears it during the summer?  I however was boiling and had to take a layer off half way through.

Each one was getting harder, not because I was getting tired but because I needed a pee.  I spent half of the session trying to run the recovery faster than the rest of the group so that I could time having a pee while everyone was running their recovery.  I didn't manage it and gave up three quarters of the way through.

Feeling a bit tired now.  After a race on Saturday, long run on Sunday, Track speed session Monday and Hills today I am ready for bed.  Night night.

No comments: