Sunday 9 December 2007

Hard Horseshoe

  • Balloch HS Gartocharn Distance : 14.12 mi.

  • Time : 1:48:57 (7:43 / mi.)

  • Weather : 7.8C Cold

  • Equipment : Saucony trigon 4

  • Total for week 49: 37.12 mi.

     

    Didn't get that much sleep last night so I was really shattered when I went out to meet Lindsey for a long run today.  Glad that I had organised it though or I so easily could have just skipped it.  Debbie was still in bed and made no secret of how nice and warm it was compared to outside.  I started the run with 2 layers and regretted it by the first uphill as I was sweating buckets.  Started off on the normal Balloch horseshoe today although we did it backwards.  On the way back towards Balloch we took a detour toward Gartocharn and now I was glad of the extra layers.  It was freezing and there was still snow on the ground.  Finished the run by going through Balloch Park.  Did have a laugh at Lindsey's motivational speech though.  He told me that my 10k times were rubbish.  I replied that I was less than a minute behind him at the East Kilbride 10k last week.  :-)  That aside I do like running with Lindsey and I do pick up a lot of wee hints and tips from him.

    Felt knackered for most of the run today but so glad I went out.

  • No comments: