Friday 28 December 2007

Soaking Stoneymollan

Upper Stoneymollan Road

I was really looking forward to getting out on this run with Paul today and we had arranged it weeks in advance.  The idea was for a tough hill session.  Something that would really test us, would separate the men from the boys.  A real blood sweat and tears run.  Paul arrived a little bit later and by that time the lure of the XBox had called.  With Debbie at work I had the house to myself and took full advantage of it.  Well after my chores. ;-)

Anyway in the end our 9am run ended up an early afternoon one, thumbs sore from XBox footy.  (which I won).  I had had a cold so wasn't full of beans for this and the weather was pretty miserable as well.  So I decided to pick the old faithful Stoneymolan route.  Something not too hard but also a good intro to Paul for what the Scottish Islands race may be like.

It's a great wee 7.5 mi run behind Alexandria with fantastic views over Loch Lomond when it is actually clear.  For Paul and I it wasn't with wind and rain and very wet under foot.  I think that Paul recognised the fact that he might need to spend some money on a nice shiny pair of trail shoes.  The route down takes in the Stoneymolan Road which is a good downhill section as the photo shows.

Time taken 1:07:51

 

Stoneymollan Route

No comments: