Thursday 20 December 2007

Who's the new girl??

  • Distance : 6.71 mi.

  • Time :  43:46 (6:31 / mi.)

  • Weather : 3.9C

  • Equipment : Saucony trigon 4

  • Total for week 51:  20.37 mi.

  •  

    Another freezing day, so it was definitely time to try my new running tights.  Even in cold weather I get far too warm so I bought a pair of  3/4 length ones.  Yes you know the ones that woman all wear.  These ones are definitely made for men and I had even seen another guy with a pair on so I thought what the hell.  Anyway on a serious side the main reason I got them was my quads get stiff in the cold and my hamstrings can get tight as well.

    After some strange looks and presenting Lesley with a basket of goodies from everyone at the club it was onto the run.  Went out with Alex and Mark.  The pace seemed a bit slow at first, not because I was getting fitter but because I had a sense that Mark and Alex had had one to many sherbets over the festive period.  After about 2 - 3 miles I picked up the pace and pushed away a bit but they caught me again with a couple of miles to go, so I pushed again and managed to hold them off.  I caught up with wee Robert and he raced me to the finish so I was pleased to push the last bit.  Met Athole at the end who said to me "I saw you going past earlier and wondered who the new girl was" in reference to my new tights.

    No comments: