Monday 3 December 2007

Post Race Stepping

  • Distance : (3 mi Treadmill)(2.33 Mi Hill Reps)

  • Time : 25min treadmill 36.25 RepsSteps

  • Weather : 6.7C Dry

  • Equipment Asics - gel - Nimbus / Saucony Trigon 4

  • Total for week 49: 5.33 mi.

     

    After yesterday's PB run I was content to go to the gym for a recovery run on the treadmill at lunchtime and then leave the evening session to what ever Debbie wanted to do.  The recovery was uneventful and the usual boring treadmill session.  LA Fitness doesn't make the experience any better by having rubbish on the TV's that actually work (the one in front of my treadmill was missing), headphone connections that don't work, changing rooms that are manky with mould in the showers (which also sometimes don't work for weeks on end) and a temperature that I will need to remember will be good for when I train for the Badwater ultra in Death Valley.  I await the call from LA Fitness when they want me to do any PR work for them.

    For the evening session Debbie picked the Steps at Kelvingrove Park.  Its a great wee session and is meant to be good for those fast twitch muscles.  Which I had most likely tired out a bit yesterday.  Anyway we elected to do 12 plus a warm up and cool down.  I averaged about 34 seconds with Debbie averaging about 37.  She is much better at the step parts and I probably only pull away slightly at the flat parts between the stairs.  Anyway I was beginning to suffer towards the end and was glad to get back to the car and home for some of Debbie's home made soup, central heating and my big Homer Simpson slippers.  My right foot has been causing me a bit of pain but I have had that before and its just a sign that I am increasing the mileage etc.

  • No comments: