Saturday 8 December 2007

Scottish Athletics West Districts CC Championships

Results

  • Distance : 6.00 mi.

  • Time : 36:37 (6:06 / mi.)

  • Weather : 7.8C WInd, Sleet, Very cold

  • Equipment : Saucony Kilkenny

  • Total for week 49: 23.05 mi.

  • Start

    After 2 days off and a works night out the worse thing to do was to get straight back into it and race.  Nevermind the sub-arctic conditions and high winds all in the lovely Irvine.

    I struggled from the start.  Like the last 2 races I decided to start at the back and work my way up.  This didn't work so well this time as I got stuck behind some slower runners and had too keep spurting in an attempt to keep a good pace.  Managed to try some of the race tactics that I have been reading about and drafted behind one of the Bella guys.  This worked really well in the high winds and I managed to pass him later on in the race.  I could hear Andy Birnie's wife shouting for him so I knew he wasn't far behind and it wasn't long before he passed me.  Tried to keep up with him and I was until we came back around to the hills where he powered away from me and left me no chance of catching him.  I finished in 67th place.

    No comments: