Tuesday 18 December 2007

Playing with Speed

  • Distance : 6.22 mi.

  • Time : 54:18 (8:44 / mi.)

  • Weather : 5C Very cold

  • Equipment : Saucony trigon 4

  • Total for week 51:  8.66 mi.

  •  

    I always find Fartlek a bit easier than a normal Tuesday Speed session and a bit of a cop out as you can really tailor the session to how you feel.  Tonight was no exception but was still a very good fun run.  The group was quite big and with Ali not appearing, Alex still not looking back to full fitness and Stephen not making it, I was the fastest runner.  Today's fartlek had everyone having a shot of picking the pace and the distance or time of the hard run.  Although this would normally make it easier for me there is still a few of the slower runners that can go at quite a fast pace on the shorter distances and so it was a good beneficial session for me.  The cold is definitely affecting my legs.  They felt stiff at about the 3/4 mark even although I felt warm enough.  I really need to bite the bullet and buy a pair of running tights.  OMG!

    2 comments:

    Thomas said...

    Hi Marco,

    tried that SportsTrack software with the Garmin Data. That's in deed much better than the original Garmin Software since it allows to smoothen the data etc. I'll have to get used to it though since the UI is not that intuitive. Thanks for the tip again,
    Cheers,
    Thomas

    Davie Bell said...

    Hi Marco,
    You better watch the gorse when you go off road it will ladder or even rip your tights ;-)