Tuesday 11 December 2007

Par-hoofin' Round in Circles

  • Distance : 4.65 mi.

  • Time : 30.06 (6:28 / mi.)

  • Weather : 7.8C

  • Equipment : Saucony trigon 4

  • Total for week 50: 10.10 mi.

  • Okay, I can't spell it, can't say it, can't figure it out so why the heck did the coaches think it was a good idea for me to run this session.  Luckily I had my trusty helper Debbie to do all the hard work while the only thing I did when we showed the troops what to do was touch her bum.  Now on to the hard work.  The session.  In case you don't know the session is Parlauf and the idea is that each person has a partner of similar ability.  One runs at speed anti-clockwise around a circular route while the other runs a recovery the opposite way.  When they meet up they swap around with the fast runner now recovering and the recovering runner now fast.  The idea is to keep at this for 30 minutes.  I partnered up with sub-man who is a wee bit slower than me but that didn't matter.  30 minutes is pretty tough going for this session but it was good fun and it is great that the whole club is all out together and not separated into groups as most session are.   A good session especially after the mile reps yesterday.

    No comments: