Saturday 15 September 2007

The Empire Strikes Back


Training Day : 15
Session : Hill/Trail Run
Distance : 7.66m
Avg/mile : 8.37/m
Time : 01:05:58


Just like the second Star Wars film is way better than the first I was hoping that the second time on the Stoneymollan Run with Glen and Lindsey would be the same.  And I was right.
I got to the Polaroid bridge before the guys and I was actually hoping that they wouldnt appear.  After last weeks struggle I wouldnt mind doing this run by myself to save the embarassment of having to walk up the hill.  But late as usual Lins and Glen appeared.  Lins looked a bit off colour and it transpired that he had been up drinking laste last night with his sister.  Great, if he runs better than me today then I have no hope and may as well just take up knitting as a hobbie.  Anyway off we went and like last week I was perfectly fine on the first hill and was really not looking forward to the second one.  I didnt need to worry I was first to the trig point (although I am sure that Glen could still reach the top faster than me with one leg hoping backwards)  I even managed to pick up the speed at the top and to my amazement (and I wouldnt say I wasnt a wee bit smug) Glen even noticed.  The rest of the run was easy and I was pretty happy when I got back to the house.  Much to my amazment last weeks time was 30 seconds faster than this week.  I must have messed up the timing last week because this week was much faster and easier feeling with no issues at the end.

No comments: