Sunday 16 September 2007

First Long Run

Training Day : 16

Session : Long Run
Distance : 13.45m
Avg/mile : 7.36/m
Time : 01:42.13

Well here we go.  Back to the long runs.  I like doing long runs but the problem is the time that they take.  Especially later on in training when you are over 20 miles but still doing them fast enough for them to affect you.  The run itself isnt too bad but take into consideration the preperation and recovery after it and half of the day is gone.  Anyway none of this on this run as it is only 14 mile. Only!!  Yes as later on in training I will be running 3 times this amount.

Back to today.  I went out with Lins and ran toward Cameron House Hotel.  The weather was really wet and windy and I felt sorry for the people running the Lomond 10k.  Not many hills today and it was good to just have a relaxing run.  Watched some of the 10k race and met up with some of the finishers.  Matt from Bella came in first with Alex from Springburn in third.

I started to feel tired after about 11 to 12 miles and was pretty happy to finish the run and get my wet clothes off.

No comments: