Wednesday 5 September 2007

Training Day 4 (Things can only get better)

Let me tell you about Debbie. Debbie is crazy. And this craziness gets her up at 5:30am to go to the gym. So as part of my new found training mojo I decided that I would join her and get up at the same time as her and go for a 6 mile run in town. We would only need to take one car with us and so it would save the environment too. Bonus. So off we go at some God awful hour with me half asleep and when we get to town I notice I have forgotten to wear my shiney new Wedding ring. Oh oh. Being newly married this wouldn't look to good so I ended up driving all the way back to get it. Mmm, so much for the environment and so much for getting up early. I still managed to do 5.5 miles before work at an average of 7min/mile which included a lot of stopping for traffic lights so I was happy with that. My legs are starting to recover from the half but I was still happy to finish and it was good to know that todays excercise was finished. Or was it?

I am a member of the Lomond Mountain Rescue Team. I love being a part of it but you do seem to get call outs at the most inappropriate times. Never when you have a wee afternoon off but always when you are in the middle of working late, out with the kids, having a romantic dinner, going to the cinema or having a domestic. And so as I prepared to leave work at 6:30pm knackered and away to see the kids I was called out. There hasnt been much activity in the way of call outs for a while and so I felt more so that it was important to get to this one. Anyway off I drove to Ben Venue at Loch Katrine. It ended up that 2 people required rescuing after one of a party of 20 walkers had had a suspected stroke and then another of the party had had a fall. So it was a late night and I finally got home at 2am.

It is on the BBC website




http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/tayside_and_central/6982287.stm

No comments: