Tuesday 4 September 2007

Training Day 3 (Club Reps)


Today at the club Debbie and I where given a new training schedule by our coach Lesley at Garscube Harriers.  It was great to finally get some direction with our training and I left the club with a loads of motivation and what I felt to be a new outlook.  Thanks Lesley.
Anyway back to tonights training and I was asked to take the top group out on a Fartlek run and told to take it easy with about 6 miles but with only fast bits of 100m to 200m.  I was so glad as my hamstring was still very sore and stiff so I hadn't been looking forward to tonights session but a nice stretch my legs Fartlek was just the thing.  Alistair Morrison wasnt so happy though.  He wanted a tough session and I was just in awe of him.  He had come in 11th place at the Glasgow Half in 1hr 09min 38secs and still wanted a hard session?  I left him to it with Alex from Shettleston and my group of 4 ran out to do our easy Fartlek.
The fartlek went ok but part of the route was up Boclair Road which with sore legs is a bit of a struggle.  The route ended up 5.5 miles with about 8 fast bits of 100m to 200m.
I was glad when the end came and felt very sore when I got home but so glad that training is now getting back on track.

No comments: