Thursday 13 September 2007

Grinding out the miles.

Training Day : 13
Session : Medium Run
Distance : 7.12m
Avg/mile : 6.39/m
Time : 47.22

After yesterdays nightmare going into work and not being able to run  I decided to do a circuit from the house.  This was one of my circuits from last year and probable one of the reasons I lost my mojo.  I just hated doing mile upon mile of miles past grim looking houses and litter strewn streets.  Anyway it is better to do this than not run at all.  I couldn't run at the club today because I had Mountain Rescue training.  I also found out that the older man who we had rescued last Wednesday had had a massive stroke and then a heart attack in the hospital so things were not looking too good.
This run takes me out of my house over past Bonhill down to Dunbarton and then to Renton and back to Alexandria.
I felt great during this run but a bit of a boob with choice of running clothing seen me trying to replicate sub-tropical temperatures by wearing my winter top.  No problems though because I felt so good I tried to race a train over a bridge.  I lost. Funnily enough.  It can go at 90 mph and is powered by 4 motors.  I on the other hand have 2 legs, could maybe get over 10miles an hour and had a bowl of chips for dinner.  Not a fair contest but hey I am competitive.
Got back home and had to rush to work but I was really pleased with myself after this one.

No comments: