Thursday 20 September 2007

Thursday Training at the club


Training Day : 20
Session : Tempo Run
Distance : 7.44m
Avg/mile : 6:43 /m
Time : 50 min 0 sec


Tonights run with the club was with Ali, Alex from Springburn and Mark.  Great.  I am meant to be tapering for the Prestonpans Half on Sunday.  Should I drop a group.  Nah.  I am too competitive for that.  So off I go and I found that the pace wasn't too bad.  Managed to stay with them for 4 miles and the Ali cursed it.  "How is this pace for you Marco?" and BOOM... I was 20 metres behind.  By Crow Road I could see that Alex was starting to lag behind the other two so this gave me the impedus to go faster and try to get to the end before him.  To be honest I also used my knowledge of the lights at Anniesland Cross as well and managed to finish before him.  I felt great.  For the first time I had finished not in last but second last.  Progress.  I then spoke to Ali Winship the fastest Female in the club.  "What time did you get Marco?" "50 minutes dead" I replied "What about you Ali?"  "Errm 49 minutes 27 seconds"  Ok she is running amazing at the moment but I thought that I was getting better.  Oh well.. Must try harder Marco.  

No comments: